If you love Disney and surprises and cupcakes, well you’ve got a friend in me matey!
When I first saw these on Pinterest I was a-mazed.
I also thought there was NO WAY I could do this myself. I was only a Mousketeer after all.
But I gave it a go, baked those squeekers up and held my breath as I sliced hopefully into the first one…
And it worked!
These Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are such a crowd pleaser and would add a little bit of magic to any kids birthday party.
Or my birthday party…whatevs. It sure did bring out the big kid in me anyway! The original recipe was from HowToCookThat however I have added my own Vanilla Cake and Brownie recipes to make things simpler. Now to master Minnie. And Goofey. And Donald…
Mickey Mouse Hidden Surprise Cupcakes
For the Vanilla Cupcake
- 175g softened unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
For the Brownie Mix
- 200g caster sugar
- 115g butter, melted
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 115g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Melt the butter, cool and then add the sugar and eggs and combine well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into a tin and bake for approx 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
Crumble the cake and add half a cup of vanilla batter and a quarter of a cup of water. This should make a moldable paste from which you can make your Mickey shapes (see video)
For the Vanilla Cake:
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixer and mix until fluffy
- Pour in the vanilla essence and add the eggs mixing all the time
- Add the flour and mix until smooth
Spoon a layer of vanilla cake mixture into the bottom of 12 cupcake cases. Add a 3D Mickey brownie shape (see video) then top with more cupcake mixture.
Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes at 180C.
Allow to cool and top with a simple vanilla frosting or a chocolate Mickey shape if you are feeling adventurous.
Then gather a crowd and hold your breath as you slice inside!