I was a Brownie.
But not this kind.
Guys and Gals, let me introduce you to the ULTIMATE brownie recipe of all time.
The Slutty Brownie.
Absolutely filthy aren’t they?!
The original creation from my absolute favourite blogger The Londoner consisted of a layer of Cookie Dough topped with a Brownie crust with an oh-so-naughy Oreo stuffed inside.
She cheated slightly but using Betty Crocker box mix.
But I think, with a little bit of extra work, these cheeky monkeys could be EVEN BETTER.
For the Cookie Dough Layer:
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 65g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- First off, make the cookie base by beating together the butter and sugar until soft, then add the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips and fold in.
- Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper and press the cookie mix inside.
Now for the fun bit.
Tradition dictates a row of Oreos.
But it’s really up to you.
Since it’s Easter, how about a row of creme eggs?
Or Peanut Butter Cups like these from The Pioneer Woman?
For the Brownie Topping:
- 115g Dark Chocolate
- 225g butter
- 350g light brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over hot water or in the microwave
- Beat the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until they treble in size
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder in to the mixture, then pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix together.
- Pour the brownie mixture over the top and bake at 180oc for around 40 minutes
Bear in mind that a little bit of jiggle will set when the brownies cool, which will take about 2 hours.
But no judgement if you can’t wait that long.
For an extra bite, you can add a topping like Salted Caramel, Melted White Chocolate or fresh Raspberries.
Just try not to eat the whole tin at once. I promise i didn’t.
Brownies Honor. *wink*